POLY CARBON DUAL PURPOSE HELMETS
High visibilty Black/Orange
The UVEX Enduro poly carbon helmet is the cousin to the UVEX Carbon Kevlar and shares many of its credentials . If you're after a top-end but cost effective dual purpose helmet, this could be the one for you.
Given the very pragmatic-sounding name, it won't surprise you that Uvex is a German company that makes safety equipment for a whole range of sectors.
Olympic athletes also place their faith in Uvex. At the recent 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, Canada athletes using Uvex helmets and goggles won a total 55 medals.
Helmets are one of Uvex's specialties with the company being awarded Germany's “brand of the century” accolade for its innovations in this respect.
Uvex are also leaders in UV protection which is embodied in the corporations name UVEX = Ultraviolet Excluded)
Most consumers are aware of the risks of sunburn and skin cancer from the sun's ultraviolet (UV) radiation. But did you know UV and other radiation from the sun can also harm your eyes? Extended exposure to the sun's UV rays has been linked to eye damage, including cataracts, macular degeneration, pingueculae, pterygia and photokeratitis that can cause temporary vision loss (more info on protecting your eyes)
Many helmet manufacturers tend to over look the visor and its vital protective role. With Uvex it is completely the opposite. The Uvex visor is at the forefront of protection and includes:
- Construction from Makrolon® a patented high tech product from Bayer Material Science, Germany , developed especially for lenses
- Makrolon® is highly transparent & impact resistant from -40°C to over 100°C. Virtually splinter-proof it is the first choice for practitioners of dangerous sports. Snowboarders, racing drivers, inline skaters, ice-hockey players, skiers, and cyclists all rely on lightweight yet rugged products made of high-tech Makrolon® . The World Bobsleigh Association, for example, officially equips its teams with visors made of Makrolon®.
Makrolon® also ensures that the visor can archive a 100 percent UV protection and can be tinted exactly as desired.
- An optically correct visor (arguably the finest visor in the business) offering 100% protection from harmful ultra violet rays, UVA, UVB and UVC. Uvex visors consistently receive the highest ratings and accolades in independent media comparative tests.
- A world first anti-fog Supravison and Nano visor technology ensures that the visor is exceptionally resistant to fogging, is scratch resistant and easy to clean. Supravision exceeds (by more than 5 times) the standard specified by the ECE safety certification.
- Nano technology is inspired by the "lotus effect" which relates to the self-cleaning properties of certain plants. The lotus flower shows this effect very clearly. The surface of this plant has a special micro and nano structure. This structure reduces the contact area between dirt and surface to a minimum and ensures dirt does not stick on the leaves. Coatings with a similar structure are now being used by Uvex for their visors and motocross goggles allowing for simple, quick and effortless cleaning.
Every Uvex Enduro Helmet includes:
- Anti-allergic, removable and washable lining and cheek pads made from COOL MAX (a fabric that wicks moisture away from the user and has a faster evaporative rate than cotton.)
- Ventilation: Chin and front range, adjustably as well as exhausts at the back of the head.
- Designed to accommodate helmet speakers or ear buds with ease and comfort. No more painful ears.
- An extra-wide visor aperture, which offers good all-round vision and is ideal for spectacle-wearers.
- Works with goggles without having to remove the visor(most helmets require the rider to remove the visor when using goggles)
- The peak and visor are both removable, giving the Enduro 'three-in-one' versatility, being appropriate for road, mixed-terrain or off-road.
- Helmet bag included
- Easy to fit our advanced Bluetooth Bike to Bike and Rider to Passenger Motorcycle Intercom System . More info
Quality and safety credentials inherent in every UVEX helmet:
- Each and every production batch has sacrificial helmets. These units are subjected to an impact attenuation test whereby the helmet drops from a height of 3 m on a special steel anvil. The occurring accelerations on the test head are measured and compared with the permissible limits.
- An outer shell made of high impact resistant poly carbon materials.
- The inner shell's expanded polystyrene (EPS) is produced with very small tolerances in several densities as a sandwich compound.
- Chinstraps are woven on special weaving machines under pre-load and then tested with unique in-house equipment against stringent roll-off criteria.
Helmet buckles employ special polymers like POM ,Zytel and titanium which exceed the highest safety standards.
- High speed impact tests according to EN 166 ensures every visor and google lens can withstand a 6 mm steel projectile striking the lens at 45 m/sec (162 km/h). This is over and above the features already mentioned above (Supravison, Makralon , Nano technology etc)
- Upon completion every helmet undergoes an extensive quality check. This guarantees that all products are developed to the highest level of quality and safety.
- Full European ECE safety certification.
- Uvex are to the best of our knowledge the only helmet manufacturer that voluntarily submit their helmets to an independent testing laboratory , TUV Rheinland. These tests are over and above the ECE safety certification and are a further substitution that Uvex does not pay lip service to safety
Each model that passes the TUV testing receives a unique ID relevant to that test and model.
Small 55/56 cm
Medium 57/58 cm
Large 59/60 cm
XL 61/62 cm
XXL 63/64 cm
To determine your helmet size measure your head at its largest cicumferance-usually just above your eyebrows in front and around the back of your head. Try it several times to ensure that you achieve the largest diameter. If you head size falls between numbers listed, use the larger size.
Black/Orange (High visibilty)
Black/Grey (as below)
Special introductory price of R3 300 Vat included
+ delivery (courier or postal)
What you should know Protecting your eyes Helmet Regulations
about helmets from UV radiation Simplified
JUST ARRIVED : The #1 rated motorcycle headset intercom system which complements the UVEX poly carbon perfectly, The Sena SMH 10 wireless communicator. More info
SEE ALSO THE UVEX ENDURO KEVLAR DERIVAIVE- More info