Carbon Kevlar Enduro Helmets
Just landed a range of exceptionally light Carbon Kevlar Enduro helmets (as light as 1050g) manufactured by Uvex , a world leader in protection equipment for major brands.
As an example, Uvex manufacture the BMW Enduro helmet , as well as thier own propriety brand pictured above.
Founded in 1926 Uvex has a distinguished track record in protecting people with numerous world firsts to their credit (the companies name actually originates from the UV protection credentials that they are leaders in : UVEX = Ultraviolet Excluded)
Most consumers are aware of the risks of sunburn and skin cancer from the sun's ultraviolet (UV) radiation. But did you know UV and other radiation from the sun can also harm your eyes? Extended exposure to the sun's UV rays has been linked to eye damage, including cataracts, macular degeneration, pingueculae, pterygia and photokeratitis that can cause temporary vision loss.
It seems rather strange then that most helmet manufacturers do not factor any form of sun protection into their visors.The very nature of motorcycling should demand such visor protection as a pre-requisite (more info on protecting your eyes from UV radiation)
Made in Germany each Enduro carbon kevlar motorcycle helmet features:
- An optically correct visor (arguably the finest visor in the business) offering 100% protection from harmful ultra violet rays , UVA , UVB and UVC. Uvex visors consistently receive the highest ratings and accolades in independent media comparative tests.
- The visor is constructed from Makrolon® a patented high tech product from Bayer Material Science, Germany , developed especially for lenses (http://www.makrolon.de/bms/db-rsc/makroloncmsr6.nsf/id/home_en)
- Makrolon® is highly transparent and impact resistant from -40°C to over 100°C .Virtually splinter-proof it is the first choice for practitioners of dangerous sports. Snowboarders, racing drivers, inline skaters, ice-hockey players, skiers, and cyclists all rely on lightweight yet rugged products made of high-tech Makrolon® . The World Bobsleigh Association, for example, officially equips its teams with visors made of Makrolon®.
Makrolon® also ensures that the visor can archive a 100 percent UV protection and can be tinted exactly as desired.
- A world first anti-fog Supravison and Nano visor technology ensures that the visor is exceptionally resistant to fogging, is scratch resistant and easy to clean. Supravision exceeds (by more than 5 times) the standard specified by the ECE safety certification.
- Nano technology is inspired by the "lotus effect" which relates to the self-cleaning properties of certain plants. The lotus flower shows this effect very clearly. The surface of this plant has a special micro and nano structure. This structure reduces the contact area between dirt and surface to a minimum and ensures dirt does not stick on the leaves. Coatings with a similar structure are now being used by Uvex for their visors and motocross goggles allowing for simple, quick and effortless cleaning.
- Anti-allergic, removable and washable lining and cheek pads made from COOL MAX (a fabric that wicks moisture away from the user and has a faster evaporative rate than cotton.)
- An extra-wide visor aperture, which offers good all-round vision and is ideal for spectacle-wearers.
- Designed to accommodate helmet speakers or ear buds with ease and comfort. No more painful ears.
- Works with goggles without having to remove the visor(most helmets require the rider to remove the visor when using goggles)
- Removable peak and visor = 3 helmets in one (Enduro, MX , full face)
- Exceptionally light(from 1050g) and strong due to its carbon fiber and kevlar composition
- High quality factory pilot helmet bag included
- Exceptionally easy to fit our advanced Bluetooth Bike to Bike and Rider to Passenger Motorcycle Intercom System . More info
Quality and safety credentials inherent in every UVEX helmet:
- Each and every production batch has sacrificial helmets. These units are subjected to an impact attenuation test whereby the helmet drops from a height of 3 m on a special steel anvil. The occurring accelerations on the test head are measured and compared with the permissible limits.
- An outer shell made of high impact resistant carbon kevlar compound materials.
- The inner shell's expanded polystyrene (EPS) is produced with very small tolerances in several densities as a sandwich compound.
- Chinstraps are woven on special weaving machines under pre-load and then tested with unique in-house equipment against stringent roll-off criteria.
- Helmet buckles employ special polymers like POM ,Zytel and titanium which exceed the highest safety standards.
- High speed impact tests according to EN 166 ensures every visor and google lens can withstand a 6 mm steel projectile striking the lens at 45 m/sec (162 km/h). This is over and above the features already mentioned above (Supravison, Makralon , Nano technology etc)
- Upon completion every helmet undergoes an extensive quality check. This guarantees that all products are developed to the highest level of quality and safety.
- Full European ECE safety certification.
- Uvex are(to the best of our knowledge) the only helmet manufacturer that voluntarily submit their helmets to an independent testing laboratory , TUV Rheinland. These tests are over and above the ECE safety certification and are a further substitution that Uvex does not pay lip service to safety.
Each model that passes the TUV testing receives a unique ID relevant to that test and model.
Small 55/56 cm
Medium 57/58 cm
Large 59/60 cm
XL 61/62 cm
XXL 63/64 cm
To determine your helmet size measure your head at its largest cicumferance-usually just above your eyebrows in front and around the back of your head. Try it several times to ensure that you achieve the largest diameter. If you head size falls between numbers listed, use the larger size.
What is Carbon and Kevlar?
Carbon fiber is made by superheating an acrylic fiber yielding high strength to weight and high stiffness to weight properties. When engineered properly Carbon fiber composites can achieve the strength and stiffness of metals at significant weight savings.
Kevlar is made by dissolving a polymer in a solvent and extruding the fiber via spinning. While Kevlar has properties similar to Carbon Fiber it lacks compressive strength. The combination of Carbon Fiber and Kevlar results in a laminate with flexural strength about three times that of Kevlar alone.
These two factors are key to the manufacture of a carbon kevlar helmet.
The chief advantages of this combination are:
- a high strength-to-weight ratio
- a dramatic reduction in the weight of the helmet
- greater protection than conventional fiberglass or thermo plastic/ABS helmets
After a long day in the saddle your neck and body will feel the difference.
Watch the video
Special introductory price of R5 800 Vat included
+ delivery (courier or postal)
Click on helmet images above for larger images
Helmet Regulations What you should know Protecting your eyes
Simplified about helmets from UV radiation
JUST ARRIVED : The #1 rated motorcycle intercom system which complements the UVEX Kevlar perfectly, The Sena SMH 10 communicator. More info.