Our Payment Options include Visa, MasterCard, MasterCard and Visa Cheque Debit Cards via the Industry leading secure Paygate Payment Gateway, Ozow.
We also offer an easy online credit facility via Mobicred. We also accept Bank Deposit and Regular EFT.
Orders made via Credit Card and Real Time EFT will be processed immediately after clicking on Place Order. You will be prompted to follow the necessary steps to securely process your transaction via the appropriate payment method. Your order will be processed on receipt of confirmation from the relevant institution. If the payment was successful then the order will move to the next phase of the process.
Orders made via Deposit or Regular EFT will only be processed when the amount appears in our bank account.
Please ensure that you use your Order Number as the reference when making your deposit.
Our Banking Details are as follows:
Zipski Twenty Three t/a Bikegear
Acc No. 4051718862
Branch Code: 632005
Account Type: Cheque
Reference: Your order number
Pay with Ozow
- Select Ozow as your payment option during checkout
- Select your bank from the list presented
- Login to the Ozow portal using your internet banking credentials
- Select an account to pay from (If you only have one account, it will be automatically selected for you and this step will be skipped)
- The automated process will navigate and populate the relevant fields on your behalf in the background
- Your bank will send you a form of payment authentication either by means of SMS, USSD Push message or In-App
- Once you have successfully authourised your payment, the transaction is marked as complete
- Ozow sends a notification to us on the outcome of the transaction and in turn, we will process your order immediately. There is no need to send through a proof of payment and no need to wait for the funds to reflect in our bank account.
Credit Card & Cheque/Debit Cards
After selecting on the checkout page you will be redirected to the Paygate secure payment page where you will enter your card details.
The details you need to enter are : selecting the card type, the full card number, the expiry date and the Security Code (CVV), which is the 3 digits in the signature area at the back of your card.
Your details will then be securely processed and you will receive an advice confirming if the order was successful, or if it was declined. If it was declined please check your details and try again if it was necessary to correct anything. Alternately you can enter new card details for any other card you may have, or select an alternate payment method.
Pick up and pay at shop
Pay your order in cash or card as you pick it up at our store. Please ignore shipping costs.
You can pick up the order at:
779 Govan Mbeki Avenue
Buy on credit with Mobicred Payment
is a simple & convenient credit facility that offers you an easy online credit application with an instant response.You will be able to pay for the value of your order in installments of your choosing, if you are approved by Mobicred.
- You need to register on www.mobicred.co.za before checkout and then enter your Mobicred login details on the PayFast page that follows checkout.
- Once approved, Mobicred will manage your credit facility and instalments, and you will deal with them directly regarding any payments or queries regarding the facility
- Your order value will need to exceed R1000 to be able to pay by Mobicred
To use Mobicred as your payment method select the Mobicred payment option upon checkout, and then select Mobicred from the resulting page. Follow the on screen prompts to complete your payment on Payfast’s site.
Once we receive your payment, we will start processing your order as per our normal procedures.
What is 3D Secure?
3D Secure provides an extra step during the online payment process to ensure that only you, the cardholder, uses your card. Also known as Verified by Visa, MasterCard Secure Code or Amex Safekey, it allows you to enter your previously selected PIN/Password or a One Time Pin – helping your bank to know it’s really you shopping online.
Due to an additional focus on the safety of e-commerce transactions, your bank may have already registered you for the service, or you may be required to register during your next online purchase.
Why do we have 3D Secure?
South African banks and e-commerce merchants are implementing 3D Secure to help protect you, the cardholder, against unauthorized use of your card when shopping online at 3D Secure merchants.
3D Secure allows you to authenticate yourself while making an online payment, thereby minimizing the risk of someone else using your card fraudulently.
How do you sign up?
ABSA, Nedbank, Standard Bank, First National Bank . Investec and other south African banks have pre-enrolled all Visa and MasterCard credit card clients for 3D Secure. Please note: If you are an Investec cardholder, please use your credit card pin when prompted to submit the one-time password (OTP).
The benefits of 3D Secure:
Online shopping is already very secure with high levels of security and encryption whenever you use your credit card. 3D Secure is the next security layer up in that your credit card is further protected from any unauthorized use. This means that you can shop in total confidence, safe in the knowledge that your card is protected at all times.
How does it work?
If you’ve already registered or have been registered by your bank, you’ll be prompted with an additional screen requesting a One-Time PIN (OTP) or a PIN/Password. OTPs are sent to the cellphone number your bank has on record for you, while a PIN or Password is a secret code that either you have chosen when registering for 3D Secure or was provided to you by your bank at the time of issuing your card.
Simply enter the OTP, PIN or password and proceed. If you’ve never registered or been registered for 3D Secure, you’ll be asked to do so when you make an online purchase. Simply follow the prompts on the screen to register.
The first time you use your 3D Secure enabled credit card for shopping online, the bank that issued your credit card will request that you verify that you are, in fact, the correct cardholder by entering your pin or OTP.
How much does it cost?
There’s no cost to you, the cardholder. Visa, MasterCard and the banks fund all SMS and other costs.
What if I don’t want to activate my credit card for 3D Secure?
If you don’t activate your credit card for 3D Secure before it becomes mandatory, you’ll be required to pay for your goods or services via alternative online payment methods supported by the merchant web site (e.g. EFT).
My card is blocked. How do I reactivate my card for 3D Secure?
This depends on your bank. However, in most cases your bank will lock your card after three unsuccessful attempts as a safety mechanism against fraud. If this occurs, please contact your bank’s help desk using the toll-free number on the back of your card.
Does every South African online retailer use 3D Secure?
The Payment Association of South Africa (PASA) made it compulsory for all merchants to be 3D Secure enabled by 28 February 2014. This is a good thing as, while it may take a few seconds longer for each transaction, it will certainly strengthen the security of online shopping via credit card.
Tips for a good 3D Secure experience
– Ensure you have the card you intend to use to pay for the transaction readily available.
– Ensure you have your cellphone with you to receive the One-Time PIN (OTP) or you know what your PIN or Password is.
– After entering your PIN/Password, the system may take a couple of seconds to authenticate your PIN/Password. This is normal – don’t close the browser.
– If you receive an error message, read the message on the screen. If you’ve entered your PIN/Password incorrectly, you’ll be allowed to retry. Although infrequent, there may also be other reasons why the transaction failed, in which case we recommend that you follow the instructions on the screen or contact your bank for further assistance.
Have more questions?
If you have questions related to 3D Secure process or need to change your mobile number, please contact your bank for assistance to shop on the Bikegear site.