No products in the basket.
Crashbars BMW F800GS/ F700GS /F650GS from SW-Motech
Precision German engineered SW-Motech crashbars for the BMW F800GS /700GS/650GS series ensure a perfect fit, strength & optical integration. High-strength frame mounting with cross brace.
BMW F800GS ,700GS & 650GS crashbar protection from SW-Motech
These BMW GS crashbars are constructed from high quality steel machined to the finest of tolerances, sandblasted and then powder coated to a rich luster. Utilizing a class leading heavy-duty 26mm tube with a wall thickness of 2.5mm (competitors products are 24mm tubing with a thickness of 2.0 – 2.2mm) you can be rest assured that they will protect the vital components on your bike, in the event of a fall .
SW-Motech crashbar design criteria include:
– High-strength frame mounting points as well as a cross bar to brace the entire system . In the case of a hard impact on one side, the energy will be evenly distributed to not just one or two mounts but all of the mounting points, further reducing the risk of damage though force dissipation .
Crash bars without this cross brace fail, causing side panels & radiator damage . A failure of this nature is especially relevant as it can leave one stranded, as well as being a costly exercise to rectify.
– Optimal height : Do not be fooled into thinking that the higher the crashbar the better. Any crash bar that extends beyond the outer bodywork extremity is superfluous & potentially unsafe to the rider. A crash bar that is too high can cause serious injury to ones legs in the event of falling forward. Additionally it adds unwanted additional weight & vibration.
– Minimal bends to further increase their strength
– Full lock to lock handlebar/crash bar permutations ensuring freedom of movement
– Superior engineering: some competitor crash bars are fabricated by first crimping the bar & then welding joints, creating a forced fit with a weak bond. As a result gaps are created which are later filled with weld. The additional heat in this method of welding causes warpage and all-too-common installation difficulties. SW-Motech joints are 5-axis laser cut, creating a perfect union, before the bars are hand TIG welded in a jig. This process creates a precision fit, easy installation and superior strength.
– Quality : Sw-Motech voluntarily subject random samples of their production units to an independent testing authority. Such units are X-rayed to check quality of the weld, paint adhesion etc.
– Simple to install. No cutting or welding is required.
Exactly what you would expect from a precision German engineered bike protection system.
F800GS /700/650 crashbar features:
- Heavy-duty 26mm x 2.5mm steel construction
- Designed to provide maximum protection
- Treated for corrosion resistance
- Powder-coated black finish
- Strong frame connections
- Cross brace for additional rigidity & peace of mind
- Compact design maximizes maneuverability off-road while preserving lean angle on road
- Includes left and right crashbars
- Mounting hardware included
- Requires no modification.
- Simple to fit
Included with every crashbar set:
- 2 Crash bars
- All mounting hardware
- Mounting instructions
Visit our Crashbar Review Page for what an in-depth analysis .
Crashbars - F 650/700/800 GS Fitting Instructions